The Pathology Coordinator performs various administrative and clerical duties to assist the pathologists and histology lab director, and serves as the primary contact for clients and other PathGroup departments and facilities.
- Maintain pathologist QA records and reports.
- Maintain pathologist files and schedules.
- Manage outside consultation reports.
- Assist with pathologist credentialing and licensing.
- Create and manage statistical reports.
- Help to investigate and resolve problems, i.e. specimens, reports, billing, and client concerns.
- Monitor pending case reports.
- Order office supplies
- Assist with orientation of new pathologists and clerical employees.
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry’s best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
- Work with other departments within PathGroup and subsidiaries.
- Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Licensure:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- Minimum of one year of prior job-related experience is required.
- At least two to four years of prior job-related experience is preferred.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com, or by mail to:
Attn: Janet Doerfler, Histology Director
1901 Phoenix Boulevard, Suite 210
Atlanta, GA 30349