Date Posted: 7/17/2017
Location: Atlanta, GA
Schedule: Mon- Fri 11:00am-7:00pm
Histology Supervisor directly supervises and coordinates the activities of the histology team including performing routine duties of histology including embedding, microtome, specials stains and related tasks.
- Support PathGroup’s mission, vision, goals and management decisions.
- Provide leadership and supervise/manage assigned department, make decisions, solve problems, develop and document procedures, and conduct and attend meetings.
- Manage the employee hiring process including interviewing prospective employees, developing performance expectations, identifying essential functions and knowledge, skills and abilities required for applicable positions.
- Responsible for new employee orientation processes, employee training and continuing education.
- Manage employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis. Implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with Human Resources.
- Ensure effective employee relations by sustaining an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment and establishing effective communication lines and methods. Identify and solve employee problems, manage conflict, and respond to grievances as needed.
- Monitor and evaluate lab operations, workflow, and employees on an on-going basis and direct re-assignment of job duties or changes in processes/ workflow as needed.
- Work closely with histology management team to optimize workflow, quality, efficiency, and productivity.
- Properly embed all types of tissue and keep embedding area clean.
- Properly section all types of paraffin embedded surgical specimens and keep microtome and workstation clean.
- Perform all special stains and prepare all required solutions.
- Assure that paraffin blocks and slides are filed properly.
- Maintain quality control records on all equipment. Clean, change solutions and properly set all tissue processors and have basic maintenance knowledge.
- Assure proper disposal and handling of hazardous waste to include xylene recycling (i.e., xylene, reagent alcohol, formaldehyde).
- Ensure routine maintenance of equipment and adequate stock of supplies.
- Maintain required departmental records and reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures and maintain department procedure manuals.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry’s best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree or other qualified technical college two year certificate preferred.
- ASCP certification in Histology preferred.
- Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification.
- Over one year supervisory experience preferred or completion of PathGroup management training program.
- Over five years’ experience within the field of Histology required.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
Atlanta Dermatopathology is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
Attn: R. Clay, Office Manager
1901 Phoenix Boulevard, Suite 210
Atlanta, GA 30349